Rodalph Pinnock is a sea lover and lifeguard who currently works as a snorkeling guide at Dressel Divers Montego Bay (Jamaica). He is a hardworking, friendly, and positive individual who not only adores snorkeling but is also passionate about scuba diving, just like all of us.
We recently visited him in Jamaica to have a conversation with him and learn more about his work, his most memorable moments with clients, and his favorite hobbies.
1. Why did you choose this job?
I developed a love for the ocean and the great activities related to it from a tender age. I was so excited when a friend told me about this great opportunity to work with Dressel Divers, as a lifeguard.
2. How long have you been working for Dressel Divers?
I have been working at Dressel Divers International for the past 1 year and 8 months.
3. What are your main responsibilities/tasks?
My tasks and responsibilities include going out on excursions and guiding the snorkeling, also ensuring that everyone is OK and they have a good time.
4. What qualities do you think a person with your job needs to be successful?
Hardworking. Good personality. Friendly.
5. What do you like most about your job?
Meeting a lot of people from all over the world and learning about their culture.
6. Do you have any noteworthy mannerisms or rituals in your work?