Diving With a Cold, Is It Possible?January 8, 2020
Scuba Wetsuit Thickness Guide: How To Choose The Perfect One For Your Dives.January 27, 2020
Marguerite is a girl from South Africa that joined Dressel Divers 1 year and 3 months ago. She began her career working in our dive center in Playa Paraiso (Playa Del Carmen). Soon, she fulfilled her dream and moved to Cozumel, the scuba diving paradise. We went to this beautiful Caribbean island to meet Marguerite. She told us about her beginnings in scuba diving and her most exciting anecdotes with students.
- At what age did you start diving?
I started diving at 28 years old.
- What is the most incredible dive you ever did?
Towards the end of a deep dive while in the blue with one client, a single sailfish swam right towards us with its sail up. It then slowly swam past us leaving us with the biggest smiles on our faces. After that, both our masks were filled with water.
- At what point did you realize you wanted to be a dive instructor?
I realized I want to be a dive instructor when diving on holiday wasn’t enough anymore and I wanted to dive everyday.
- Where and with whom did you do your instructor course?
I did my IDC in Playa del Carmen, Mexico with Paul Flower.
- What qualities do you think a dive instructor needs to be successful?
To be very patient and able to stay calm under stressful situations.
- What is the best advice you ever gave to students?
Don’t forget to enjoy the dive!
- What is your most memorable moment with students?
To see how proud the student is when they realized they completed all the requirements of a certification.
Why would you recommend Dressel Divers to the new students?
Dressel Divers is known for high customer satisfaction and quality training. Previous students often become clients that return regularly.
- How long have you been in Dressel Divers?
- What features and opportunities made you chose to work with this company in particular?
Dressel Divers is a big company with a well know reputation. I like that I get to develop as an instructor in this environment while being exposed to a wide variety of diving opportunities.
- Which Dressel Divers dive center would you like to go next if the opportunity arises?
When I was in Playa Del Carmen, I wanted to go next to Dressel Divers Cozumel and finally, here I am.
- What is the best advice you would give for someone who want to take up scuba diving?
Don’t overthink it. Once you are under the water, relax and take in the underwater world you get to be apart of.
- What are your other hobbies? What do you do on you day off here in Cozumel?
I love going for a fun dive on a reef where I can relax and watch the animals interact.