Dive Hotel: Finding the Best for My Scuba Diving Vacations12/04/2023
Scuba Diving with Asthma, Is it Possible?19/04/2023
JJ is a versatile team member at Dressel Divers Montego Bay, with a passion for swimming and the ocean. He has been working with the company for over a year and a half, handling various tasks such as parasailing and snorkeling excursions. With a friendly and open-minded personality, he enjoys meeting new people every day and always strives for a productive day. We recently interviewed him in Montego Bay to learn more about him.
1. Why did you choose this job?
I honestly chose this career because I have experience with swimming and a love for the ocean.
2. How long have you been working for Dressel Divers?
I have been working here for like 1 year and a half.
3. What are your main responsibilities/tasks?
This is the bliss of it, I have no one main task, I’m an all-rounder so I do parasailing and snorkeling excursions; where lately I became an entertainer, mixologist, tutor, and much more, mating on the dive boat, doing sail lessons, caring for my work gears and the list goes on!
4. What qualities do you think a person with your job needs to be successful?
One thing I adore most about my job is being able to meet different people every day!
5. What do you like most about your job?
Qualities to flow through properly would include being jovial, social, open-minded, and punctual though everyone has their own personality these are good traits to adapt in moving forward.
6. Do you have any noteworthy mannerisms or rituals in your work?
Not necessarily, I just always look forward to having another bright, productive, and meaningful day!
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of working for Dressel Divers?
I am proud of being a go-to guide for every excursion offered here and also when I completed my lifeguard training to secure my license.
8. What features and opportunities made you choose to work with this company in particular?
The opportunity to do and learn a lot more drew me to work here and as I said, the love and experience I have with the sea.
9. What is your most memorable moment here in Dressel Divers?
I have many memorable moments here and the main is always seeing another set of guests happy after partaking in events with us.
10. Why would you recommend Dressel Divers to other excursion guides looking for a job?
I would recommend here because it offers many skills which can be applied in numerous areas of life.
11. What has been the greatest compliment you have received from a client?
JJ For President!
12. What is the best advice you would give to someone who wants to take up a job as captain, to be as good as you are?
To be ready to work with all types of people and be understanding of different cultures and ideologies.
13. What are your other hobbies? What do you do on your days off here in Montego Bay?
I like to drive, it’s calming and I make music in my spare time.
14. Do you also dive and snorkel?
Yes, I do free lung diving and snorkeling on a daily basis.