Scuba Test: A, B, or C – How Skilled of a Diver Are You?12/07/2023
Jamaica’s Coral Reefs: Exploring A Paradise for Scuba Divers19/07/2023
Welcome to our interview with Elena, a passionate Dive Instructor from our dive center in Puerto Aventuras. Today, we have approached her to share her exciting anecdotes and insights about her journey into scuba diving, her remarkable experiences, and her role as a Dive Instructor. Join us as we delve into Elena’s story and uncover her deep connection with the underwater world.
1. At what age did you start diving?
I started diving at the age of 19 through a Discover Scuba Diving course.
2. What is the most incredible dive you ever did?
The most incredible dive I ever did was in the Maldives. I was amazed by the abundance of manta rays and the vibrant reefs.
3. At what point did you realize you wanted to be a Dive Instructor?
I realized my passion for being a Dive Instructor after completing my dive master internship at Dressel Divers.
4. Where and with whom did you do your Dive Instructor course?
I did my Dive Instructor course with Marcello, the Course Director at Dressel Divers in Playa del Carmen.
5. What qualities do you think a Dive Instructor needs to be successful?
To be successful as a Dive Instructor, one needs to have patience, attention to detail, and an outgoing personality.
6. What is your most memorable moment with students?
My most memorable moment with students is when I show them the marine life underwater and witness the happiness on their faces.
7. Why would you recommend Dressel Divers to new students?
I would recommend Dressel Divers to new students because of their friendly staff and excellent scuba diving experiences.
8. How long have you been with Dressel Divers?
I have been with Dressel Divers for one year and 3 months.
9. What features and opportunities made you choose to work with this company in particular?
I chose to work with Dressel Divers because of the Divemaster and Dive Instructor Internships they offer. After completing my Internship, I realized it was a great decision to stay with the company
After completing my Internship, I realized it was a great decision to stay with the company.
10. Which Dressel Divers dive center would you like to go to next if the opportunity arises?
Currently, I enjoy working at Puerto Aventuras, but in the future, I would like to go to the Dominican Republic.
11. What is the best advice you would give to someone who wants to take up scuba diving?
My best advice for someone who wants to take up scuba diving is to listen to all the diving advice and always keep diving for fun.
12. What are your other hobbies? What do you do on your day off here in Puerto Aventuras?
In addition to scuba diving, I enjoy traveling and having fun dives whenever possible on my days off at Puerto Aventuras.