As Divemaster can I teach or supervise any PADI Course?
Yes as Active Status Dive Master you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and nontraining-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Assist an instructor during confined and open water training.
- Guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a 2:1 ratio, under the instructor’s indirect supervision.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the instructor’s indirect supervision during surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises; as well as
- supervise remaining students when the instructor conducts a skill.
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or specialty course dives under the instructor’s indirect supervision.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers independently. This also includes conducting the PADI Seal Team AquaMission: Skin Diver Specialist.
- Conduct the Discover Snorkeling program.
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants at a 2:1 ratio, after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with an instructor.
- Conduct the Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the ReActivate program for certified divers.
- Conduct the skin diving skills segment of the Open Water Diver course during any confined water dive.
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or in confined open water.
- Accompany certified PADI Scuba Divers on subsequent dives.
After completing the corresponding instructor training, conduct:
- Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Emergency Oxygen Provider courses.