Filefish Species, All about these Caribbean Dive Buddies29/03/2023
15 Fascinating Octopus Facts You Need to Know05/04/2023
In this interview, we speak with Miguel Angel, the great boat captain at Dressel Divers Bayahibe, with over 15 years of experience. He shares his insights on what it takes to succeed in his role, his proudest achievements, and his love for the ocean.
From his morning coffee ritual to spending time with his family on the beach, he also gives us a glimpse into his personal life. Don’t miss this engaging interview with one of the most skilled captains in the industry!
1. Why did you choose this job?
I already had experience as a Captain and I enjoy working on the sea and the beach. I thought of Dressel Divers as a serious company where I could grow and learn, and have stability.
2. How long have you been working for Dressel Divers?
3. What are your main responsibilities/tasks?
Navigating the boats, and always having the boats ready and well-maintained, in perfect condition, with the staff involved with the boats on time.
4. What qualities do you think a person with your job needs to perform it successfully?
Patience, good attitude, and a lot of willingness to work.
5. What do you like most about your job?
Seeing the sea, I’m fascinated by the ocean.
Dressel Divers is a stable place with good growth opportunities
6. Do you have any quirks while you work? Or any rituals before starting to work or similar?
Having a cup of coffee in the morning starts with joy and energy.
7. What achievement are you most proud of having accomplished while working for Dressel Divers?
Being able to organize the best excursions to Saona and Catalina in all of the Dominican Republic.
8. What characteristics and opportunities made you choose to work with this particular company?
That it was big and well-known.
9. What has been your most memorable moment here at Dressel Divers Bayahibe?
Discovering places I had never seen before, like Catalinita, which is a small island between Saona Island and the Dominican Republic mainland.
10. Why would you recommend Dressel Divers to other captains?
It’s a stable place with good growth opportunities if you’re willing to work hard and have a good attitude.
11. What is the biggest compliment you have received from a customer?
“You’re an excellent captain, this has been the best boating experience of my life.”
12. What is the best advice you would give to someone who wants to take a job like yours and be as good as you?
Be honest and a good person.
13. What are your other hobbies? What do you do on your days off here at (Bayahibe)?
Family, spending time on the beach with my daughters.
14. Do you also scuba dive or snorkel?