Altos de Chavon Excursions & Tours
The Altos de Chavón excursion and tour takes you to a very popular re-creation of a Mediterranean style European village, conceived by Roberto Copa, a former Paramount Pictures set designer.
Our excursions to the Altos de Chavón village depart by boat from our pier in Bayahibe where we go west along the marvelous coastline to the river mouth of the river Chavón. Rounding the river mouth we go upriver and enjoy the sight of the lush green riverbanks and moor near the stairs that lead up to the entrance to the village.
The village is located atop the hill of the Chavón River bank giving amazing views down on to the river itself and the surrounding unspoiled countryside. The Altos de Chavón village hosts narrow, cobble-covered alleyways with very old looking houses, a church, fountains, a roman styled amphitheater, a cultural center, and archeological museum.
Our staff members will accompany you during your visit to the village center and after that you will have time (approx. 1 hour) to walk around, take some nice pictures and to buy some souvenirs. Once we are all back on board, we go upriver to the dam while we enjoy some cool drinks and music before we return cruising back downriver and along the coastline. A great tour ending.
Frequency: Tuedays and Thursdays.
Our tours welcome everyone!
WHEREVER YOU STAY you can join the Dressel Divers Altos De Chavon tour by sea and river!
STAY AT ALMOST ANY RESORT and board our Altos De Chavon excursions transport right from its reception or other agreed pick up point, should the former not be possible!
Our Altos de Chavon TOURS INCLUDE
- With exceptions, transfer directly from your hotel or agreed pick up point to our Bayahibe Dive center (please consult).
- Beverages and a buffet lunch at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel where our dive center is located.
- Boat trip to the Chavon River and village leaving directly from our dive center pier, including unlimited beverages.
- When we moore at the village shore we provide you with a bottle of fresh water for the walk up to the village and its visit. The visit includes our guide.
- After we cruise the river. During this time and the boat trip back to the hotel we enjoy some cool drinks and music
- Back at the Iberostar Dominicus you may enjoy the facilities so you can have lunch and enjoy the hotel & beach for the rest of the afternoon.