Scuba Diving Weight Limit, Are You Too Big or too Slim to Scuba?30/03/2022
10 Pro Tips to Nail Your Dive Briefing06/04/2022
Franco is a Peruvian young man who has been diving since he was only 13 years old. In April 2021 he joined Dressel Divers Bayahibe and, since then, he has been one of the most charismatic Dive Instructors in the dive center.
We have interviewed Franco, so that you can get to know him a little better. He has told us interesting anecdotes with his students, he told us about his future projects and he also gave us some good tips. Don’t miss it!
1. At what age did you start diving
I started diving when I was 13 years old in a Navy summer camp it was an incredible experience.
2. What is the most incredible dive you ever did?
In Peru, where I come from, there is an abandoned oil rig that has become an artificial reef, and it’s full of life, it’s like diving along a vertical 40m wreck! Diving with schools of mackerel and sea lions has been amazing.
3. At what point did you realize you wanted to be a Dive Instructor?
After diving for 8 years I realized that I wanted to teach other people to dive and enjoy the same activity that I love
4. Where did you do your Instructor Course?
In the Dominican Republic, I had a blast the whole time
5. What qualities do you think a Dive Instructor needs to be successful?
For sure patience and empathy are very important but also professionalism and a high sense of responsibility
6. What is the best advice you ever gave to your students?
That we are here to enjoy and discover the ocean but diving is also an adventure sport and we always should be responsible and prioritize safety
7. What is your most memorable moment with students?
There are so many to tell but I will always remember having an OWD student that was afraid of deep water during the first confined session and by the end of the course he was diving with no worries at all. He was really grateful and that was very fulfilling as an instructor
8. Why would you recommend Dressel Divers to new students?
Mainly because we make safety and good service our priority, after diving in many dive centers I have come to realize that those are very important aspects
9. How long have you been in Dressel Divers?
I have been working as an Instructor since April 2021
10. What features and opportunities made you choose to work with this company in particular?
I enjoy giving a great service and I like that Dressel Divers has that as a priority, also there are many chances to learn and improve my skills and languages that I consider very important
11. Which Dressel Divers dive center would you like to go to next if the opportunity arises?
Cozumel sounds very nice, also Playa del Carmen, I would love to travel to Mexico.
12. What is the best advice you would give to someone who wants to make a living with scuba diving?
Be serious about your job, we are professionals and so we always have to improve. Learning languages, they are a great advantage and always take some time for yourself and your love to the diving world
13. What are your other hobbies? What do you do on your day off here Bayahibe?
I used to surf a lot back home but here I like to do some freediving on the local reefs and explore nature in the national parks close to Bayahibe.