The Best All Inclusive Family Resorts in the Caribbean for Divers01/03/2022
Professional Diving Services You Maybe Don’t Know02/03/2022
The first time Montse dived, something touched her heart. Peace and harmony invaded her body and mind, and the need to teach those sensations to others was born within her.
Thanks to this event, we are lucky to have Montse on the Dressel Divers team. This lovely Chilean girl is a key member of Dressel Divers, especially at the Playa Del Carmen dive center, where she works as Base Leader.
We invite you to read this interview to get to know her a little more.
1. At what age did you start diving?
I started diving in 2014
2. What is the most incredible dive you ever did?
My best dives were always with the DSD program. I had a particular one in Angelitas (Barcelo dive site ) and we saw the biggest sea turtle. I always kept this dive in my memory, because I love turtles.
3. At what point did you realize you wanted to be a Dive Instructor?
As soon I did my first dive something touched my heart, the sensation, the peacefulness underwater plus I love to teach making this the perfect mix for me to change my life and become a Diving Instructor.
4. Where did you do your Instructor Course?
I did my course here with Dressel Divers in Playa del Carmen.
5. What qualities do you think a Dive Instructor needs to be successful?
In my case, I like to be very patient and make divers and students feel safe. After that, they will enjoy for sure the dive.
6. What is the best advice you ever gave to your students?
My advice is always to have fun … diving is all positive things … if your stay in your limits and enjoy your dive all is good.
7. What is your most memorable moment with students?
My memorable times are always in the pool with people breathing for the first time underwater.
8. Why would you recommend Dressel Divers to new students?
I would recommend us because we are a super safe diving center and I know every instructor is taking care of everyone as they would be from their own family.
9. How long have you been in Dressel Divers?
I have been here in the Riviera Maya for 4 years already.
10. What features and opportunities made you choose to work with this company in particular?
Features like that you can grow up as a Dive Instructor and learn about operations and the organization and more stand out! The opportunities are great, there are so many of them, you have the chance not only to go local diving, but every so often you can also join the excursion team and do another kind of trip. So, there are many things to learn every day.
11. Which Dressel Divers dive center would you like to go next if the opportunity arises?
I have been in different bases, now I’m working in Dressel Divers Playa del Carmen, it’s a new adventure for me and I’m having a really good time here. No plans for the future, I live my present and I focus all my positive energy on this beautiful place.
12. What is the best advice you would give to someone who wants to make a living with scuba diving?
Go for it! If I can do it you also can.
13. What are your other hobbies? What do you do on your day off here in Cozumel?
I’m a pet lover so on my days off I’m spending time with my pets and family. I enjoy my time at home so much and I like to travel around to know more about the Mexican culture.