Cavern Dive Excursions & Tours
Take a break from the ocean with a fresh water cavern dive in the National park of the east. For guests joining the cavern diving excursion coming from hotels zones not nearby the park we also include a second dive on the renowned St George Wreck.
Our Father Path is a leisurely trail in the Eastern National Park leading to the Cave of Chicho which is where we take you for a cavern dive. Along the trail you can see interesting specimens of flora and fauna, its high cactus and many species of birds that live and nest there (among these, the Owl Face Ash, endemic to Hispaniola).
At the Cave of Chicho the water forms a small lake of fresh and clear water where we prepare and start our dive. For divers this pond is the gateway to a world of cavern galleries filled with stalactites and stalagmites, in which significant deposits of paleontological and archaeological remains were found.
Ponds like this one are outcrops of groundwater sources resulting from the high soil drainage of the limestone surface. The rainwater filtering through the limestone over the ages has created a tunneling aquifer system with caverns and caves extending from inside the Eastern National Park jungle to the nearby sea.
Frequency: Every Thursday.
More Excursions in this Category
Visibility, Temperature & more
+115 feet (+35 meters)
|Coldest water temp.:
78.8 ºF (26 ºC)
|Warmest water temp.:
87.8ºF (31 ºC)
|Wetsuits (full) rentals:
0.18 inch / 3mm
80 cubic feet (12 liters)
|Full Tank :
+/- 3,000 psi (200 bar)
DIN Adapters available
Our tours welcome everyone!
WHEREVER YOU STAY you can join the Dressel Divers cavern diving tour for scuba divers!
STAY AT ALMOST ANY RESORT and board our cavern diving excursion transport right from it´s reception or other agreed pick up point, should the former not be possible!
Our Cavern Diving TOUR INCLUDES
- With exceptions, transfer directly from your hotel or agreed pick up point to our Bayahibe Dive center (please consult).
- Beverages and a buffet lunch at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel where our dive center is located.
- A cavern dive in the National Park of the East followed by wreck dive at famous St George leaving by boat from our dive center pier.
- Transport to the cavern and professional cavern guide. Professional dive guide, dive boat and crew for 1 dive. NOTE: These 2 dives are purchased separately or taken from a package (rental scuba equipment available).
- Optional FREE sidemount diving demonstration!
- FREE NITROX! If you are certified to do so, you can dive Nitrox EAN 32 for free (courses available before going on the excursion).